Kacha Badam singer Bhuban Badyakar felicitated by West Bengal Police


 Kacha Badam has become one of the most viral songs on the internet in the past few days. Be it in the country or throughout the world, people seem to have been hooked on the tune of this peppy song. The origin story of this story is quite interesting as it belongs to Bhuban Badyakar, a resident of Birbhum district in West Bengal. At a recent event, Bhuban was felicitated by the West Bengal Police.

Bhuban composed the song to attract buyers while travelling to villages in the Birbhum district for selling peanuts. On Thursday, he was brought to the West Bengal Police Headquarters, and was facilitated by West Bengal Police.

Speaking to India Today, he stated that he never thought that the song would be such a hit.


Bhuban Badyakar getting felicitated. (Pic: Suryagni Roy)

"I feel privileged. Never thought that I'd reach here. God's grace. Never dreamt of this. I just made the song, never thought it'd be such highlighted", said Badyakar.

The song, which was remixed a month back, has over 50 million views on YouTube. When asked how he came to know that his song went viral, Bhuban told IndiaToday.in, "I came to know that the song had been very viral overnight. Saw it on the phone. You search YouTube, you'll find it. People from Bangladesh came and asked me how I am."

Bhuban Badyakar with the officials of West Bengal Police.

As for his future plans and the possibility of stepping in Bollywood Bhuban had a lot to say.

"I haven't been approached by anyone from Bollywood. I don't know Hindi but yes, I am shooting with Saurav Ganguly, which will come out on the 19th of February." said the humble man.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.